Job vacancy CEO Connacht Rugby
The Chief Executive will play a critical role in leading the branch to develop, foster and promote the game of rugby in line with the strategic goals and the primary responsibilities will be:
• To develop, lead and manage the establishment, implementation and evolution of the long and short-term goals of the Connacht Branch of the IRFU.
• To work with the Professional Game Board and Connacht Branch to manage and develop the game in Connacht at Professional and Domestic levels. This will include all financial and commercial aspects of the business affecting players, contracts, sponsorship, staff management, facilities and relationships with key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
• Be educated to degree level preferably in a business management or related discipline and be able to demonstrate a track record of growing a commercial organisation in a very competitive business environment.
• Have excellent leadership and people management skills and can successfully operate within and lead through a Non-Executive Board or Committee environment.
• Be an excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and be at ease presenting, including to government departments and officials and the media.
• Have the credibility to command respect at the highest levels of sport, business and government while having the influencing and motivational skills to lead and enthuse a sizeable team.
• Preferably have an understanding of the structures of Rugby.
This is an exciting and challenging time for Connacht Rugby, and we wish to build on our involvement in the Heineken Cup. This position represents a unique opportunity to play a strategic role in development of rugby in Connacht.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration and benefits package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a 3 year fixed term basis. Applicants should note that this role will be based in Galway.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter of not more than one page supporting your application to:
or Human Resources Department, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Closing date for applications is 24th February 2012.