Connacht Rugby are now inviting applications for the voluntary role of Chair of the Schools Rugby Committee.
Post Title: Chair Schools Rugby Committee
Reports to: Club & Community Age Grade Committee
Duration: Initial period of three years with an option to be appointed for a further term of three years based on approval by the Connacht Club & Community Rugby Committee and the terms & conditions set out by Connacht Rugby’s Governance & Nominations Committee
Role and Purpose
- Chair the Schools Rugby Committee meeting effectively.
- Report on strategic & operational performance of the Schools Rugby Committee to the Age Grade Committee.
- Ensure the Schools Rugby game is progressing towards achieving Connacht Rugby’s Plan on a Page & IRFU strategic objectives relating to the development of Girls & Boys Schools Rugby.
- Ensure the Schools Rugby committees and any of its sub committees are operating effectively and to best practice.
- Develop and enhance the relationship between the Schools and Clubs.
- Review the performance of the Schools Rugby Committee verses its key performance indicators (KPI’s) on a monthly & annual basis.
- Ensure all communication with external bodies including the IRFU is consistent with the policies set out by the Board of Connacht Rugby.
- To develop and foster the game for the benefit of our local communities and Connacht Rugby
- Support the wider interests of the game within our community and Connacht Rugby
- Attendance at all Schools Rugby Committee meetings which shall meet at least 8 times per Season.
- Attendance at all Age Grade Committee meeting as they arise.
- Attendance at Club & Community Rugby Forum meetings.
The Schools Rugby Committee Chair shall have relevant experience and demonstrate a number of the key competencies listed below:
- Strategic Planning
- Project management
- Organisational change management
Note: - This is a voluntary role, it will not be remunerated.
Application Process: Candidates should please submit cover letter that sets out their motivation in applying for this position and their experience having regard to the above competencies and requirements, together with and up to date CV to GNC@ConnachtRugby.ie.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st September 2023 at 3 pm.