Based across south Connacht, the CDO’s role is to improve the quality of coaches and the game of rugby in clubs and schools across all stages of the LTPD program. The role also includes managing and working within the player development pathway in the geographical region. There is a requirement for the individual to work closely with “client” clubs / schools and liaise with the Participation Rugby section on an ongoing basis to identify needs and opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
• LTPD Stage 3/4 rugby technical knowledge with some educational/ development experience desirable and/or Tutoring experience;
• A degree or similar-level qualification in sports or PE- related discipline, or evidence of equivalent elite practical rugby experience;
• IRFU Stage 4 attended, or evidence of equivalent elite practical rugby experience;
• Ability to influence others positively;
• Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
This position is being offered on a 2 year fixed-term contract basis. The successful candidate will be based across south Connacht.
For a full job description, please click here here.
Please be aware that in order to apply for this position, you must currently be in possession of a valid EU Passport or have a permit to work in the EEA.
To apply, please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 1pm on Friday, May 19. Interviews will take place in Galway on Thursday, May 25.
Connacht Rugby is an equal opportunities employer.