Job Title: Content Creator (Design, Digital & Video Communications)
Connacht Rugby is one of four professional rugby teams in Ireland playing in both the Guinness PRO12 and the European Challenge Cup. We are currently inviting applications for the position of ‘Content Creator’ (Design, Video & Digital Communications) based in Galway. This is an exciting, fixed term position reporting to the Brand Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating design, video and digital communications for Connacht Rugby’s traditional, digital and social channels.
Primary responsibilities will be to develop and implement creative content strategies to deliver on Connacht Rugby’s brand and commercial objectives including:
- Working with the Brand Manager, you will shape the look and feel of the Connacht Rugby brand and the brand guidelines.
- Create captivating graphics that connect with Connacht Rugby fans. Collaborate with the internal teams to develop leading creative solutions that help us achieve our business goals.
- Responsibility for traditional design (posters, brochures, outdoor)
- Responsibility for digital design (website, social media, online advertising)
- Ensuring that Connacht Rugby is at the forefront of cutting edge design
- Manage third party relationships to ensure smooth and timely delivery of campaigns –photography and agency.
- Development of a video content strategy for Connacht Rugby
- To be the creative lead for all video content ideas
- End-to-end management of all video content (pre, production and post).
- Knowledge and experience of creating motion graphics and animations
- Create video content for presentations, website and social media.
Key qualities of the Candidate
- Responsibility for the management of www.connachtrugby.ie including working with agencies on site improvements and development.
- Working with agencies to execute a digital advertising strategy involving all digital formats including but not limited to; SEO, SEM, Remarketing/Retargeting and event pages.
- Working closely with the PR/Media Executive, you will share responsibility for all online communications
- Responsibilty for implementing a content strategy for digital and social media (including: Tone of Voice, Content Calendar, Pillars of Conversation, Crisis Plan, etc) with a strong emphasis on driving engagement.
- Responsibilty for ensuring the effective and maximum distribution for Connacht Rugby content.
- Own match day digital communication plan – from big screen content, social media updates and website management pre, during and post-match
- A degree level qualification in multimedia, design or related field is required
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in a strong design environment
- Excellent understanding and experience of developing digital content strategies
- A passion for sports or sports marketing is a bonus
- Expertise in the full Adobe Creative suite is essential
- A passion for motion graphics, after effects, videography
- A previous track record in meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrate an Online portfolio of previous work achieved
- Build a high-performing content strategy across multiple channels, coordinating internal (marketing, communications & sponsorship) and external (IT and Agency) teams and
- Produce designs to an excellent, premium and on-brand standard.
- Possess excellent relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a real team player with a flexible and positive ‘can do attitude’
- Be available to work evenings and weekends in accordance with the requirements of the match day schedule
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a 3 year Fixed Term Contract, full-time basis.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (of no more than one page) supporting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to Sharon King, Connacht Rugby, The Sportsground, College Road, Galway
Closing date for applications is 18th January 2016 at 17:00.
Connacht Rugby is an equal opportunities employer.