The IRFU are currently accepting applications for the position of Elite Player Development Officer based in Connacht Rugby, Galway. The Elite Player Development Officer is an integral part of the IRFU rugby operations and the successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following main duties:
- Manage and deliver the elite player development programmes in Connacht, aligned to the National Talent Programme
- Delivering technical sessions to elite squads/players in the province.
- Assisting in the facilitating of coaching courses and player clinics.
- Supervise and manage the Regional Development Squads
The successful candidate will have excellent rugby understanding and credibility together with communication, organisational and teamwork skills. Five years experience coaching/playing at an elite level and a Level 2 coaching qualification are highly desirable. For a full job description, please see below.
To apply, please forward your CV with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience to Eoin Ward at email@example.com or by post to Eoin Ward, HR Generalist, IRFU, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Closing date for applications is strictly 13:00 on Friday, 10th July 2015.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOST TITLE:
Rugby Development Officer (EPDO) Forwards Specialist, Connacht
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsibility for the delivery of the National Talent Program in Connacht, with particular attention on Forwards Play, and ensuring vibrant development programs exist through which elite players are identified for Connacht & Ireland
Operational: Academy Manager, Connacht Rugby
Functional: High Performance Manager, IRFU
Directly reporting to the Academy Manager, working with officers and administrators of the IRFU, Schools & Club personnel and IRFU staff.
Essential: Excellent understanding of the game of rugby in particular Forward play with essential knowledge of the individual positional characteristis for each position.
Excellent ability to deliver collective/reduced coaching sessions to stage 3, 4 and 5 players
Excellent communication & organisational skills
Excellent teamwork skills.
Desirable: Level 2 coaching qualification
5 years experience coaching rugby or playing at an elite level.
Experienced proven record in developing players through the stages.
Understanding of the IRFU Long Term Player Development Model
General areas of responsibility include:
- Manage and operate the elite player development programmes in the province as directed by the Academy Manager & High Performance Manager
- Deliver technical sessions to elite squads & individuals within the province
- Assist with coaching courses and player clinics, specifically within the elite are
- Supervise and manage the Regional Development Squads in conjunction with the Academy Manager
- Complete all administrative duties required by the Academy Manager
- Attend seminars and coaching courses as directed in order to assist the elite officer’s self-development
- Carry out specific activities as assigned by the High Performance Manager and or Academy Manager that are in keeping with the officer’s experience
- Contribute to the attainment of the agreed goals as set out by the Academy Manager and the IRFU
- Carry out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision
- Establish efficient and effective work practices
- Make effective and informed decisions in relation to the role of Elite Rugby Development Officer
- Portray a competent and professional image of the IRFU
- To be qualitatively assessed by peers and players on an on-going basis
- To submit monthly reports of activities to the Academy Manager
- To deliver a world’s best elite player development/talent program
- To coordinate provincial screenings for the respective age grade squads; were appropriate in conjunction with School and Club personnel/management teams
- To coordinate and deliver summer skill & conditioning programmes for all age-grade squads in conjunction with the academy manager & coach development officers
- To facilitate technical sessions when required to Provincial age-grade squads
- To coordinate fitness testing as and when required by National Age Grade coaches
- To deliver at workshops and coaching clinics in areas of personal expertise
THE IRFU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER