Connacht Rugby is seeking to appoint a Head of Commercial and Marketing.
Reporting to the CEO, The Head of Commercial and Marketing will be responsible for maximising the commercial and marketing potential of Connacht Rugby to sustain consistent success across professional and community rugby in Connacht.
Other key deliverables include:
- To deliver on the following key objectives of our commercial and marketing strategy:
- To maximise all commercial and marketingopportunities in a way that drives substantialrevenue growth.
- To develop the brand to be recognisedas one of the most exciting, disruptive andinnovative sporting brands in Ireland and inrugby worldwide.
- To step change our customer service &brand experience programme, by putting ourfans at the heart of our commercial and eventoperations.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- The development of a powerful marketing strategy that supports the achievement of our strategic and commercial objectives.
- Building our CRM capability to deepen our reach and connection with fan communities across the province.
- Conducting regular market and competitor analysis to identify the rightopportunities for commercial growth & improved fan experience.
- The development of appropriate sales & pricing strategies.
- Seeking constant improvement in the brand and financial equity of ourcommercial partnerships.
- A minimum of 7 years consumer marketing, sports marketing, sports sponsorship and/or major brand management experience.
- Strong evidence of planning and executing marketing campaigns across a range of media platforms.
- Demonstrable experience in meeting KPI’s in a high profile, demanding, and fast-paced commercial environment.
- Proven success at building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team.
- Strong management skills with experience of successfully leading and managing diverse teams.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Experience of managing a P&L and sound financial management.
- A relevant degree or professional qualification.
This role offers candidates with the above experience the opportunity to effectively influence and develop the commercial and marketing strategy of one of the most exciting brands in Rugby.
- Experience in and understanding of the sports market - particularly in managing partnerships.
How to applyInterested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a curriculum vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter supporting your application to Brónagh McDonald, TRB Associates, Suite 1344, 77 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2
This role will be offered on a fixed term contract for a period of three years.