The IRFU would like to invite applications for the position of Performance Nutritionist, Connacht Rugby.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and the delivery of a player-centred nutrition support service to Connacht Rugby while working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to integrate performance nutrition within players' goals.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an undergraduate degree in nutrition or dietetics with a recognised post-graduate qualification in a Sport and Exercise related subject (e.g. sports nutrition, exercise physiology, sports science) OR an undergraduate degree in a Sport and Exercise related subject with a recognised post-graduate qualification in nutrition or sports nutrition;
- Have a minimum of 2 years' post-graduate experience in the provision of nutritional support to athletes and coaches to improve performance, which includes working in the areas of power, strength and speed team sports;
- Hold an ISAK Level 1 accreditation;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability in all areas of planning, implementation, modification and monitoring of specific nutrition programmes to support high performance;
- Be able to demonstrate competence in the education of young athletes, which uses a food-focused approach to health and performance;
- Have experience of developing and implementing evidence-based innovative ideas and putting them into practice, including working in an applied and integrated multi-disciplinary manner;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; an effective and confident presenter to a range of target audiences including young people;
- Have good I.T. (including dietary analysis), problem-solving and organisational skills;
- Hold a full driving licence and access to a car;
- Be eligibility to work in the EU.
For a full job description, please click here
This position is being offered on a 2 year fixed-term full-time contract basis and is based in Connacht Rugby, Galway, with a salary of Euro 30 - 45, 000 plus benefits.
Please complete the application form which can be found here.
Make sure to read Page 1 of the application form in full before completing.
Please send your completed application form to Eoin Ward, HR Generalist - email@example.com
Please note that CVs will not be accepted as a form of application.
The closing date for applications is strictly 17:00 on Monday, 2nd May 2016.
Interviews will be held on Monday, 9th May 2016, therefore we would kindly ask that prior to applying for this position that you ensure you are available to attend interviews in Galway on this date as we will be unable to accommodate any requests for alternative interview dates.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer