Connacht Rugby is one of four professional rugby teams in Ireland playing in both the Guinness PRO12 and the European Challenge Cup. We are currently inviting applications for the position of ‘Team Physiotherapist’ based in Galway.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- To provide all aspects of physiotherapy care to the Connacht Squad
- To work with the Provincial Team doctor and Head Physiotherapist in the treatment and monitoring of Connacht Squad injuries;
- Report to the Head Physiotherapist on all matters relating to players’ injuries and progress;
- Ensure that the injury tracking system (Kitman) is kept up to date;
- Co-ordinate injury pre-habilitation and rehabilitation programmes of Connacht Squad;
- Assume responsibility for rehabilitation of long term injured players;
- Work in consultation with S&C and Skills coaches to optimise return to play process;
- Take part in player education in consultation with the Head Physiotherapist and Fitness Staff on injury prevention, treatment and management;
Key qualities of the Candidate
- Order supplies and equipment. Keep accurate information on associated costs and forward details of costs on a regular basis to the Finance Manager, Connacht Rugby;
- Complete and coordinate with the Connacht Finance department all Aon insurance claims;
- Attend Connacht squad training as directed.
- Ensure that there is a cross-cover arrangement in place for all absences, utilising the existing Connacht/IRFU physiotherapy personnel;
- Be trained and updated in acute pitch side care, including spinal injury and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, in your capacity as a Physiotherapist;
- Keep up to date on recent research in sports physiotherapy and rugby related physiotherapy issues;
- Maintain and update your knowledge and practice of sports physiotherapy, to include participation in IRFU physiotherapy in-service meetings;
- Be available and flexible to vary your working hours to give treatment at times outside of standard business hours as and when required;
- Other duties as directed by the Head Physiotherapist.
- Chartered physiotherapist degree or equivalent;
- A proven level of post qualification experience as team physiotherapist to a professional sports team;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- A post-graduate qualification in sports and/or musculoskeletal physiotherapy or sports science;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Training in functional Pilates or similar;
- Experience in elite sporting rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a 3 year Fixed Term, full-time basis.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (of no more than one page) supporting your application to email@example.com or by post to Sharon King, Connacht Rugby, The Sportsground, College Road, Galway
Closing date for applications is 26 August 2015 at 17:00.
Connacht Rugby is an equal opportunities employer.