NUIG RFC is seeking to recruit an ambitious and committed 1st XV assistant coach (backs) for the 2019/20 season.
The role consists of preparing the team for the Connacht Junior League/Cup, and varsity competition, continuing the progress made in recent seasons. NUIG also fields a second XV, U20 XV, a woman’s XV and 6 underage academy teams. The Assistant Coach will focus on the 1st XV.
• Assist the Head Coach in designing and providing training sessions.
• Offer assistance and develop the back line.
• Provide impartial feedback and direction to develop players.
• Attendance at League, Cup and Varsity matches and two evening training sessions weekly throughout the season.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be, at a minimum IRFU accredited Level 2 or higher desirable.
• Have technical coaching skills and the ability to work one-on-one with players to improve core or position-specific skills.
• Have experience in developing players, including late beginners, to reach their potential.
• Be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels and manage and motivate.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a key role in the continued development and success of NUIG Rugby.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to:
Bernie Kelly, Director of Rugby, NUIG Rugby Football Club.
Closing date for applications is: Friday 24 May 2019