Wasps (17 points) will be favourites to win at Zebre and secure their place in the knockout stage, but the clash of Toulouse (14 points) and Connacht (18 points) at Stade Ernest Wallon on Sunday promises to be a Round 6 classic. A victory for Connacht and it's straightforward, the Irish province will be in the quarter-finals for the first time, but a win for Toulouse, and the calculators will be out in force. Keep in mind that if it comes to a match points head-to-head between the two clubs, Connacht have four points from their Round 1 success and Toulouse have one point.
Toulouse v Connacht Rugby
Sunday, 22 January
Stade Ernest Wallon
Referee: Wayne Barnes (Eng)
Assistant Ref: JP Doyle (Eng)
Assistant Ref: Peter Allan (Eng)
TMO: David Grashoff (Eng)
Citing Commissioner: John Montgomery (Sco)
- After previous defeats to Ulster and to Connacht, Toulouse are looking to avoid a third consecutive home loss against Irish opposition.
- Connacht won in Toulouse in Round 3 in 2013 having scored just three points in total on their two previous Champions Cup games in France.
- Connacht top the charts for carries, metres, clean breaks and defenders beaten this season.
- Connacht are the only team in the competition to average more than 20 minutes of possession per game so far (20m 13s).
- Toulouse have averaged 24.8 offloads per game in this campaign, no other side has averaged 20.
Team comparison (European Cup record)
|Total Points For||4164||443|
|Total Points Against||2885||514|
|Total Tries For||448||42|
|Total Tries Against||254||57|
2016/17 Points Scorers Head-to-head record