Mini rugby is a great time learn the basics of rugby passing, whether it’s a push pass or spin pass, encourage players to have fun practicing this skill off either hand in reduced activities and games.
Key Factors for coaches:
• Fingers spread across the surface of the ball.
• Encourage the passer to turn their head and “look to the target” before pushing their hands to the target..
• Players receiving the pass should have their hands out towards the ball with fingers spread.
• Try to catch the ball early and not into the chest.
• Remember coaches to vary the distances and sides in reduced activities.