An activity where players work on an introduction to rucking, concentrating on good technique.
• Players start in groups of 3 passing the ball in random directions.
• On the coaches call, the player with the ball runs forward towards the coach/player with the tackle shield
• Encourage the player with ball not to run straight at the bag and instead use dodging and sidesteps.
• The player with the ball drives forward before hitting the ground and placing the ball back
• Arriving supporting players drive the shield back, creating a fast ruck.
• Rotate roles and start again.