A reduced activity where players work on a front on tackle and ball presentation in a 1 vs 1 activity.
• Small groups of players line up either side of a small square.
• The coach passes a ball to one side, this player is the attacker, the player opposite is the tackler.
• The player runs to the coloured gate across the square while the tackler closes the space to make tackle
• Tacklers must get their lead foot close, squat low with shoulder making contact on the thigh, wrap arms and squeeze at the knees, push through to land on top.
• Make sure tackled player falls, knee……hip……..shoulder, before pushing the ball back with two hands.