A fun game where small groups of players can work on their tackle technique in a controlled manner. Players working on their knees to build confidence.
• Small groups of players (4) work in a small square on their knees crawling into space.
• 3 players with a ball try to avoid the tackler for 60 seconds.
• Tackler looks to make as many safe and effective tackles as possible in the time allowed.
• Look for head in safe position “cheek to cheek” with arms wrapped.
• Tackler should look to fall on top of player with the ball and use them as a cushion.
• Remember to encourage tackled players to fall properly while presenting the ball.