An activity where players work on tackle technique before progressing to games.
• Coaches set up multiple lines and position themselves in between to best see multiple players and tackles.
• One ball player from each line walks or jogs up their channel on the coaches call
• 2 or 3 tacklers will be positioned on their knees or standing 6 metres apart.
• Once the player is tackled and falls and places the ball, the tackler will release them and they progress to the next tackle
• All key factors for tackle remain the same. Shoulder on shorts, cheek to cheek, squeeze at knees, tackler land on top holding tight.
• Remember to rotate tacklers regularly as well as practising tackles on both sides.